Sunday, 15 April 2018

Insect awards

The next draft of the information sheet to accompany New Zealand native insect display case is finished, except for photos.  Images have to come from Landcare Resource's database for copyright reasons, and some of the photos I had selected were from other databases. LandCare has vast catalogues, but specimens numerically, not by name, which made it difficult for me to be certain that I had selected the correct photo.  Sarah will help me with this.  

It was decided the make up the display cases for school in themes -  I entitled this one 'The Inaugural Insect Awards' as each specimen was chosen for a specific reason: the longest, heaviest, stinkiest, noisiest, brightest, and so on.




I visited Science Club at Cockle Bay as the guest speaker.  After looking at some display cases, students decided what themes they would be interested in for insect displays:


I will take this information back to Landcare and work on some more themed displays!